To surrender an animal to Homeward Pet Adoption Center
So that we can help as many people and pets in our community as possible, we’ve established the following procedures for those requesting to surrender a cat or dog.
- Email information about the animal – age, sex, breed, color, general health, description of personality and behaviors, photos, etc. – and reason for surrender to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Shelter Manager will review your email.
- If your animal appears to be a good candidate for Homeward Pet, we’ll contact you to set up an appointment to bring the cat or dog in for a behavior assessment and examination by our staff veterinarian. Please bring any previous vet records. Every animal must pass the behavior assessment and vet exam in order to be accepted. We are unable to take in aggressive animals, animals with major health issues, or animals harboring any potentially contagious disease.
- Following successful completion of the behavior assessment and vet exam, and if kennel space is available, you will be asked to complete and sign our Intake Questionnaire and transfer ownership of the animal to Homeward Pet.
- Although we don't require a donation, we are hopeful that owners will be able to make a donation to help defray some of the costs that we will incur in caring for and working to find a new home for this cat or dog.
Due to the capacity of our shelter and the volume of requests we receive, we are unable to accommodate requests for immediate surrender. If you are in need of immediate assistance, please try contacting the following shelters:
PAWS in Lynnwood
Regional Animal Services of King County in Kent
Everett Animal Shelter in Everett
Our goal is to make good matches between companion animals and people, placing each individual animal in a suitable, loving home.