|Homeward Pet - Senior Pets
Why Adopt a Senior Pet?
It's Adopt-A-Senior Pet Month at Homeward Pet Adoption Center, when we focus attention on our senior cats and dogs available for adoption – those more mature, more experienced, often more easy-going animals. Frequently overlooked during the summer kitten and puppy season, an older dog or cat can make the perfect companion. Consider the following reasons to adopt a senior pet.
Six great reasons to adopt a senior cat:
- Older cats are easier to take care of – their calmer character is perfect for a senior citizen, an empty nester, or even a busy professional who's worried about kitty getting into trouble while he or she is at work.
- Senior cats' personalities are well-established, so you know what temperament you're getting.
- Older cats are often more tolerant, and better with small children.
- Adopting a senior cat makes a statement about compassion and the value of life at all ages.
- Homeward Pet senior cats are 8 years of age and up, so they've still got plenty of life ahead of them, and may well live another decade or more!
- Most importantly, every cat regardless of age deserves a good home.
Seven great reasons to adopt a senior dog:
- Older dogs are often calmer and have usually had some training, both in obedience and housetraining.
- Senior dogs have been socialized and have already learned what it takes to be part of a ‘pack'.
- With a senior, what you see is what you get - you don't have to guess how big they're going to get or what their personality will be.
- Senior dogs are less demanding of your time, content to just hang out while you read a book or get a good night's sleep (try doing that with a puppy!). But these instant companions are also ready to go when you are - hiking, car rides, fetch and more.
- Adopting a senior dog makes a statement about compassion and the value of life at all ages.
- Homeward Pet senior dogs are 8 years of age and up, so they've still got plenty of life ahead of them!
- Most importantly, every dog regardless of age deserves a good home.