Animal rescue, shelter and adoption is a service industry. We differentiate ourselves by providing our customers with counseling information and support by a staff of highly skilled professionals in the pet care world. It is a relationship business in which our reputation strongly helps or hinders our success. Homeward Pet Adoption Center strives to be among the best in the industry by keeping the following attributes in focus:
- Providing a safe environment for all animals in our care.
- Dealing with integrity, friendliness and fairness with customers, vendors, competitors, co-workers, volunteers and the general public.
- Keeping the animals’ and adopting families’ interests’ number one in our decisions.
- Hiring only top-quality people, promoted solely on merit.
- Utilizing the best technology and information to manage our business.
- Attaining steady growth through development of people and expanding of services.
- Having a reputation of quality service and the best professionals.
- Remaining competitive through active review of our productivity and cost controls.
We strive to provide an environment that will provide excellent opportunities for homeless animals to find loving homes, for families to share their lives with loving animal companions and for staff to grow and develop personally and professionally.
Open Staff Positions
All staff positions include employee discounts on merchandise and veterinary services for personal dogs and cats. Full-time (35+ hours per week) positions are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance (Homeward Pet pays a generous monthly amount towards these benefits), eight paid holidays and escalating paid time off based on years of service.
Homeward Pet Adoption Center has a variety of volunteer opportunities available, including dog walkers, cat caregivers, receptionists, clinic assistants and foster families. Read about all of our available volunteer jobs, and learn more about how you can join an outstanding group of dedicated volunteers helping homeless animals.