Adopt a Senior Pet Today
November is Adopt A Senior Pet Month at Homeward Pet Adoption Center, when we focus attention on our more mature, more experienced, often more easygoing animals. Frequently overlooked during summer’s kitten and puppy season, an older dog or cat can make the perfect companion. Consider the following reasons to adopt a senior pet.
Six great reasons to adopt a senior cat:
- Older cats are easier to take care of – their calmer character is perfect for a senior citizen, someone with a quiet home, or even a busy professional who’s worried about their kitty getting into trouble while they’re at work.
- Senior cats’ personalities are well-established, so you know what temperament you’re getting.
- Older cats are often more tolerant, and better with small children.
- Adopting a senior cat makes a statement about compassion and the value of life at all ages.
- Homeward Pet senior cats are 8 years of age and up, so they’ve still got plenty of life ahead of them and may well live another decade or more!
- Most importantly, every cat regardless of age deserves a good home.
Seven great reasons to adopt a senior dog:
- Older dogs are often calmer and have usually had some training, both in obedience and housetraining.
- Senior dogs have been socialized and have already learned what it takes to be part of your “pack.”
- With a senior, what you see is what you get– you don’t have to guess how big they’re going to get or what their personality will be.
- Senior dogs are less demanding of your time, content to just hang out while you read a book or get a good night’s sleep (try doing that with a puppy!). But these instant companions are also ready to go when you are – hiking, car rides, fetch and more.
- Adopting a senior dog makes a statement about compassion and the value of life at all ages.
- Homeward Pet senior dogs are 8 years of age and up, so they’ve still got plenty of life ahead of them!
- Most importantly, every dog regardless of age deserves a good home.
Find out How Sweet It Is to be loved by an older cat or meet your distinguished Hound Dog today! A heartfelt thank you to Sno-Wood VCA Animal Hospital for sponsoring us and allowing discounted adoptions through this month!